I’m not a US Citizen. Can you tell me more about the TSA process?

with No Comments

Non-US citizens can still train with the YJFC and get a pilot’s license, it just requires some additional paperwork. First, students must get clearance from the TSA to begin flight training, which involves filling out an online application and then providing fingerprints. Once this is complete, by US law, the YJFC is required to maintain copies of certain documents for every foreign citizen that receives flight training. If not a US citizen, you must also be sponsored by GT under an F-1 visa or have a green card.  Beyond this, non-US citizens can complete flight training in the same manner as US citizens do.